Friday, June 01, 2018

#FridayFinds - Ice Cream (Handel's)!

Being that we are from the Northern Kentucky / Cincinnati area... We are used to having that "special ice cream parlor" (AKA Graeter's).  We may not have gone often (I wouldn't say that it is something that we miss), but it was nice knowing that it was there.

Since we moved to SE Michigan, we have been exploring yogurt shops and of course, the normal fall-back - DQ. I think we finally found that "special ice cream parlor" here... Handel's:

We both got the 4 scoop sampler to try multiple flavors of their ice cream.

I can't remember the specific names, but I had French Silk Pie, a Graham Cracker/Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie and Chocolate Cake Batter.
I think the Graham Cracker is a repeat for me.  MBB didn't like any of my flavors (not a surprise, as he isn't a huge chocolate fan).
MBB got a Cherry, Strawberry Cheesecake, Salted Toffee and Pistachio.
If he only gets one again - it will be the Strawberry Cheesecake.  If he gets two - it would be the Cherry and Salted (the Cherry is very sweet and the Salted is very salty - so they go well together).
I wasn't a big fan of his flavors (also not a surprise).


Overall, I think this is a repeat - though we will probably split a 4 scoop sampler in the future.

Namaste.

No comments: