Saturday, January 05, 2013

Orange and Black

It has been awhile since I mentioned my orange and black team...
Pretty bad when this blog used to be colored orange and black.

Due to the great events of 2012, I had to let my season tickets go.
Tough decision as I had had them for more than a handful of years...
But, I couldn't afford to buy all of the tickets in the Spring and not sell them until the Fall.
Heck, I couldn't even afford just my seat...

So, I let them go. 
I plan on going to at least one home game every year.
The Bengals played a huge part of my life for such a long time that I just can't quite cold turkey!
I was at the Giants game this year.
Loved it!
Felt a pang that I didn't get to go to more.
In fact, with all of the tornado repair and grandbaby stuff (and those pesky blackouts), I didn't get to watch all of the games on TV either.
That hurt, but that's life.

I still got out my orange and black garb every Sunday.
I still have a pile of Bengal stuff that will be hung in the basement.
I still have a Bengal screen saver at work.
I still am a Bengals fan.
I still don't care for their front office people.

Was watching the game today and felt that pang...

Namaste.

No comments: