Sunday, February 28, 2010

Budget Challenge - February

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this up (actually posting on 4/4). . .
I did go big-time over budget this month, but I stockpiled a lot - especially chicken breasts which were about 60% off. Good buy!

Here's the results for this month in our Grocery/Supplies reduction.

Budget: $300
Actual OOP: $383.83
Retail Price: $1,029.11
Coupon Savings: $314.55
Sales Savings: $330.73

I saved 62.7% even though I went over budget by $83.83.
I think I am still doing well since we used to spent $500 a month (when I stayed within budget) for just groceries. I have no idea how much we were spending with supplies. $300 was just a number I through out there to see if I could do it. . .Knowing that it would be rough at first because I am still trying to stockpile a bit.

Namaste.

No comments: