Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Christmas Letter. . .

December 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

This is to inform you that there will be no Christmas Letter this year.
I just don’t have time with working at Big T, running "Sassy's Taxi" for the household and continue to finangal the household improvement plan. While my life suits me quite well, I would have to give up sleep or reading or exercising if I were to devote any time at all to writing a Christmas letter. My apologies, but I just can’t do it. I have no time. None. (Besides that, my family expects dinner every night—and clean socks! They are so demanding!)


And don’t expect MBB to write the Christmas Letter. For one thing, he hates to write. For another, he would have to give up his evening Halo match with OB. He decided to make a career move this year. He likes his new job, but hates the hour drive to get there. The good news is that he is able to work from home a few days a week which is why the entire family is feeling some sore muscles - remodeling the den has become our lives recently.

You might think that MaBell would be capable of writing the Christmas Letter since she is 15. Banish the thought! She would sooner go a week without her cell phone than willingly write a paragraph that is for "public viewing". She would rather eat, watch “Super Natural”, watch any of the Twilight Saga movies, play with the animals, chat with her friends via cell (thankfully most of them have AT&T) and eat than write the letter. This year, she’s a sophomore, completed school volleyball and has begun a season of club volleyball. She’s developed a love for selling volleyball ads (Not!). We still boss her around, even though she is taller than me now (She has to listen to me: I am still the source of food).

OB, at 12, could surely write the letter – if you could feed the letter through a spell check function in order to read it. He has improved his reading and verbal spelling this year, I just need to continue my hunt to find books that he likes. He continued to play football this year, but had to cut the season short a few games with a fractured ankle - the Quarterback Keeper turned into a Quarterback Pile-up. He started learning a form of Karate this year and loves that he may be able to pick on his sister more successfully before his growth spurt occurs.

Rockstar and Sweetster would love to write a letter smothered in hugs and muddy paw shakes, but I don't know if I could fit all of their love and mud into the envelop. I also fear that I'd be unfairly represented (they think I should give them table scraps every time I come out the door, not just when the refrigerator is on the verge of needing to be cleaned out).

Yeager-bomb won't write the letter - it would interfere with his favorite hobbies: Waking the house up at 3am, sleeping all day (to successfully complete hobby #1) and attacking Daddy's hand when he is putting on his work shoes.

So, you see, you are not going to get a Christmas Letter from us this year. Sorry, but you won’t hear about our vacation to see Egypt (and the llama that decorated the backseat of our car) or MBB's senior year trials. You won’t know about the mud pit we had outside in a successful attempt to stop the basement flooding or the paw prints that are forever (hopefully not) a part of our new patio. You won’t know that almost every block on our calendar is full, but I can’t tell you much of what we did. I’m sure it involved multiple trips to the grocery store and time at the washing machine.

I apologize for the lack of a Christmas Letter, but I’m sure you’ll understand since so many of you (not you or you, but you) have given up Christmas Letters, too. Who has the time? Who has the energy? Who has the postage stamps (and what is the current rate anyway?)

If I did write a Christmas Letter, I’d want you to know how often we think of you and I’d wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Alas, as I mentioned, there will be no Christmas Letter this year. Sorry.

Love,
SassyMarie (on behalf of MBB, MaBell, OB, Rockstar, Sweetser and Yeager-bomb)

Namaste.
PS. Once again, I stole this idea from Carmen!

No comments: