Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Traditions

MBB and I have decided that every other year we will spend Christmas Eve / Christmas Morning in my home town. The other years, we will wake up Christmas Morning in our beds and spend the day at home. The door is open for visitors, but we will not be moving the cars even 1 inch.

This is the first year that we will be waking up in our beds. . .
I am trying to create some new traditions to go with our holiday schedule.
The specific item in my head right now is Christmas Day Lunch.

I am completely open to suggestions as I am struggling with the menu right now. . .
It needs to be yummy, but easy. . .
I refuse to spend the morning cooking while everyone else is enjoying the holiday.
I also don't know if anyone will be "stopping by", I may need to have more than we will eat and then use any excess for C.O.R.N. (Clean Out Refrigerator Night).

Here is what I am thinking right now:
Honey Baked Ham in the crock-pot
Turkey Roll in the crock-pot (I can't eat ham, so this one is for me)
Broccoli rice casserole in the crock-pot
Baked beans (only if MaBell learns how and makes)
Mashed Potatoes (probably instant) and Gravy
Stuffing (Stouffers is quick and easy!)
Rolls

Thoughts?

Namaste.

No comments: