Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Marathon. . .

. . .Baking that is!

One of my holiday traditions is to make cookies, LOTS of cookies and give them to various friends, family and co-workers for holiday gifts.
I think I'll be giving more of these types of gifts in my quest to make the holidays a bit more affordable this year.

As of result, I am reevaluating what I make so that the gifts may be more. . .
"Impressive?". . .Nope.
"Desirable?". . .That doesn't seem to fit either.
"Different?". . .Perhaps.
And to be honest, I have baked the same things for so many years that I am a bit burned out.

In the past, my baking list consisted of:
-Chocolate Chip Cookies
-White Chocolate Chip Cookies
-Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
-Toffee Cookies
-Chocolate Pudding Cookies
-Snicker doodles
-Spice Cake Cookies

Here is what I am mulling over in my head for this year:
-White Chocolate Chip Cookies. . .I'm thinking about putting nuts in them this year to stop my massive consumption.
-Toffee Cookies. . ..
-Pudding Cookies. . .Still debating what pudding flavor though.
-Spice Cake Cookies. . .These are a pain to make, but I get lots of compliments on them.
-Chocolate Chip Cookies. . .
-Peanut Butter Cookies. . .
-Multi-chip Cookies. . .Lots of different flavors in one cookie (chocolate, butterscotch, peanut butter)?
-Peppermint Bark. . .
-Mini pumpkin loaves. . .I'm still debating this one!
Suggestions anyone???

I am currently stockpiling coupons / ingredients so that I don't have to run to the grocery in the middle of my baking. That used to be no big deal with the grocery store so close, but I have a bit longer drive now. . .

Namaste.

1 comment:

thumbs said...

jello jigglers
cookie bars (saves time)
muffins
pre bought treats dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles... ie nutter butter cookies covered in white chocolate.. huge hit..