Friday, March 14, 2008

Shopping Anyone?

I did some shopping the last two nights. . .Just to see what I could find. Most of family has received gifts from Japan on one of my previous visits, so I have been concentrating on MBB, MaBell and OB.

I did find some pretty Japanese-style tea cups that will look good with some Japanese pottery that I bought years ago. No, I didn't buy anything for myself -
I bought for 'the house'!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

There are many Japanese foods that I like, but there is one in particular that I make a point of getting each trip. Leave it to me to prioritize getting a sandwich at the local Japanese fast food restaurant (Loteria). . .Yep, I had my shrimp burger last night. :) Tasted as good as I remembered!

For those who have heard me talk about Japan before, you know that there are some cookies that I really like and am always looking for - the koalas (it's not good that I can now get some of the flavors at the Kroger by the condo. . .)! I really like the blue koalas (the box is blue to note that there is white chocolate inside the cookies), but they don't make them anymore!!! :( One of my Japanese co-workers presented me with a tan koala one of the first days that I was here - it's a limited edition flavor of pancake / pancake syrup. And it was good!!! I shared with everyone in the meeting and we have all bought a few to take home.
I also found another cookie that is even better than the koala. They are in the shape of a panda bear and have both milk chocolate and white chocolate. Yep, I am now going to always look for the panda cookies!

Namaste.

No comments: