Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Treating

I never know how much candy to buy for Trick-or-Treating.
In 1996, I believe that I had over three dozen kids ring my doorbell.
Last year, I didn't have any.

So, I set aside some of my candy for SB (and MBB, of course) since she had basketball practice and didn't get to go Trick-or-Treating.
Then, I loaded up my bowl and got ready.

Within the first 30 minutes, I had four visitors.
By then end of hour one, I was at a tally of five.
Lots of candy still in my bowl (I give three or four pieces to each goblin!) which doesn't work with the transformation plan very well!

At 7:50, my doorbell rang.
Two adorable little princesses were standing on my front step.
They each picked out one piece of candy.
I whispered "Take some more"...
I heard their dad say "Don't be greedy"...


Hmmm...
Do I really want any of this candy left?
I whispered again...

The dad looked at his watch, looked at my bowl and laughed as my bowl suddenly went from full to empty in about 10 seconds. :)

I can't decide if those two princesses were bandits or angels in disguise!

I LOVE passing out candy at Halloween!

Namaste.

No comments: