Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Blog Change...

When I started this blog, it was a way for me to be accountable during my transformation.
If I went to the gym, I blogged. No exceptions.
If I blogged, I had to get to the gym. No exceptions.
This seemed to work for about 16 months.

It doesn't seem to work anymore.

My life is changing.
For example, weekend trips to the gym which were routine in the past (15 minute drive) don't seem to get alone with rising gas prices (45 minute drive).

Things outside of my control change my plans at a moments notice.
Take yesterday, I had an 5:00 appointment at the gym with Sadillac so I posted to the blog and all was well. UNTIL, I locked my keys in the condo at 4:45. The spare key was about 30 minutes away (and MBB didn't get off of work until 5). . .
Yep, I didn't get to the gym last night.

I could have come in today and changed the date of yesterday's blog post, but then I realized that I have been doing that a lot lately. Maybe it's time to disconnect the blog from the exercising.

Don't get me wrong - I will still continue on my path of transformation and I will continue to talk about it here. I think that my exercising may evolve into a combination of cardio at home (yes, I am pricing machines), recreational sports and weight lifting at the gym.

So, posting to the blogs may speed up or slow down depending on my brain rather than on trips to the gym. We shall see!

Namaste.

No comments: