Monday, September 24, 2007

Luke would be proud...

I remember years ago going to Kings Island with my family and being teased by Luke because I wouldn't ride some of the large roller-coasters. The first year - the Beastie was the only one on the "I rode..." list. The second year - I believe that the Beast was added to the list.

Over the years, I have ridden a few more here and there. My current favorite has been Top Gun for quite a few years now. But, there are a few that I still have not been willing to ride. Until now...


MBB, SB (previously known as Social Butterfly) and OB went with me to Kinds Island on Saturday. I added Face-Off to the list AND I can now say that I rode one of those rides that I was teased about so many years ago - the Vortex.

I even bought the ride photo to prove it (plus it was an excellent picture of MMB, SB and OB). I kept my eyes open for the big hill and even enjoyed that part of the ride. I would prefer not to experience the corkscrews again. . .Even MBB saying "Here comes the camera!" wasn't enough to get my eyes open! But, it did give me enough of a warning to have a smile to go with the closed eyes in the picture. :)

If MBB has anything to say about it, I'm sure I'll be adding more coasters to my new list of "I can't believe that I rode..." in the future.

Namaste.

No comments: