Monday, June 11, 2007

Lots of Work! Lots of Reward!

I was fortunate enough to participate in an event this past Saturday called "Give Back Cincinnati's Paint the Town". Nearly 1,000 volunteers painted 35 houses in one particular area of town.

It was a lot of hard work.
It was very messy.

It nice to meet some co-workers from other departments who I didn't know.
It was challenging staying on my diet, especially when the ice cream sandwiches came out. But I did (yes, I took my own food)!
It was kewl to work with the home-owner (he kept saying "Unbelievable" and "Great job girls!").
It was a great experience for which I am thankful!

I even got my rear off of the ground onto a six foot ladder, then a ten foot ladder and finally a 12 foot ladder. The six and ten footers were needed to get the job done while everyone else was busy. The 12 footer became a challenge to myself to prove that I could do it. I do not have a fear of heights, but I do have a problem with not feeling like I am on steady ground. I refused to get on the extension ladders, but these regular "A" shape ladders and I decided to come to an agreement to get the job done.

Now, I have a lovely burnt orange colored Paint the Town shirt covered in light tan and white paint! The sunburn only lasted one day and somehow I didn't get one splash of paint on my white Who Dey hat! :)

Did I mention that the house looks awesome?
Here's a 'before' picture of the house.
I will try to get an after picture to show what a great job we did!


If you get the chance to be a part of this in the future - I highly recommend it!

Namaste.

No comments: