Sunday, June 10, 2007

Another Pet Peeve?

I will be the first to admit that in text messages, I.M. messages and even conversational emails with friends/family that are quick - I do not watch my grammar, capitalization and such. I don't even have a problem getting a text message that says: "how r u?". Have you ever tried to text? It takes A LOT of effort!

However, emails from people that I do not know full of bad grammar, run-ons and misspellings are fast becoming a pet peeve of mine! I believe that spell check exists in most email programs - use it people!

I get emails on occasion about my family genealogy. The one I got today - I had to read it about three times to even try to understand what was being said. I also get a lot of messages in myspace that are near impossible to read. Now, myspace doesn't have spell check (that I have found) and I have been guilty of sending some typos, but damn - at least reread your message to see if it makes sense! After all, why waste your time sending me a message when I probably will not respond as I am usually not in the mood to decipher coding.

Unfortunately, one person, who spends time on messages before sending, is on this 'must wait three to six days before responding to each email'.
Note: That doesn't make me want to respond much either.

Namaste.

No comments: