Friday, June 08, 2007

Do-er or Take-er?

I was raised with good values, morals and ethics. I bust my ass to make sure that I can take care of myself, that all of the bills get paid and that I can enjoy life.

I am a "Do-er".

There have been some rough times in my life, but I always did what needed to be done. To pay for college, I would work three jobs in the summer. During the school year, I would miss out on many social opportunities in order to get that paycheck or to keep the GPA for the scholarship.

When I first started working in the real world, I kept the free/garage sale furniture and missed out on vacations in order to put a down payment on my house. It was years before I had a cell-phone. To this day, I do not have cable.

None of those items were enjoyable, but I did what I had to do. I did not make someone else do without so that I could do with.

Are you a "Do-er" or a "Take-er"?

I have had many "Take-er"s in my life and I am okay with that. It is a part of my experience and I know how to deal with them. I have learned hard lessons from some, but I am better because of it.

But I feel the need to say that it burns my but when I see "Takers" walk all over people that I care about. In some cases, I have to bite my tongue to stop from stepping in to stop them from being "taken".

"Take-er"s should note: I can only bite for so long before I will step in.
I am a Leo, after all, and I WILL protect my own.


Namaste.

No comments: