Thursday, June 14, 2007

Fun Stuff

Gotta love the convenience of credit cards!

Most of you know that I rarely carry cash.

I am a plastic-kinda gal (and no, I do not mean plastic surgery).

It is convenient.
I only have one electronic-check (per card anyway) each month.
It makes it very easy to manage my budget.

Gotta love it, until it bites you in the rear.

The credit card number that I have had so long that I have it 90% memorized? I had three phone calls from the credit card company in a span of 12 hours to call them. I knew something was up when they asked me ever security question / item that I have ever registered with them.

Yep, you guessed it: fraudulent on-line activity!
Luckily, there are only two charges.
Luckily, it is less than $50 total.
Luckily, the fraud department at Chase is good at their job and spotted it quickly.
Luckily, I will not be responsible for the charges.

I don't remember making these charges. My home computer is RIP so I've been very limited in what I can do on-line. I do not recall ordering anything on-line this month AT ALL. I did make it clear to Chase that I am about 90% sure that the charges weren't mine. Gotta leave myself a little bit of room to be wrong. :) Of course, I could have bought something and the company is registering it as an on-line purchase (which I found out is how my monthly charge for my trainer is billed).

How is this not lucky? I am leaving for vacation tomorrow...This was the card that I was going to take. The number has been closed effective immediately. They could get me a new card by end of day tomorrow, but I am leaving my house at 6am...So, I won't get my replacement card for three working days.
I am now trying to track down the "auto-charges" to give everyone a heads up that the account is in limbo right now.

Do I still think credit cards are worth-it? Absolutely.
Am I a little aggravated at "take-ers" out their trying to do it illegally, if they truly are? Abso - f-in - lutely.

On another note, don't you just love it when someone says they are going to do something and don't???

Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Credit card fraud got me too! Someone online was trying to use my number to buy $663 at a computer store buying software and shipping it to Germany!!!
"LUCKILY" my card company caught it too....

Bright side to your story.... YOU FREAKING GOING TO VEGAS!!!

yes.. me= jealous.

Anonymous said...

OKAY OKAY.. I just proof-read my comment... AFTER HITTING PUBLISH!!!!!
The first part is horrible! Sorry :)