Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Depends On The Moment...

I can be an extrovert. I can be an introvert.
It really depends on the situation, the company and my mood at that moment.

I don't have to be in a crowd to experience new things:

1. I have gone to movies alone: Though walking into a theater full of kids to watch a Harry Potter flick got me some weird looks from a few "week-end dads".
2. I have even gone on a bus tour vacation by myself: I met some awesome people in the process that I still talk to today (gotta love mini-reunions in London)!
3. I can join a group for an outing without knowing many of the people involved: include a pot luck activity (especially involving macaroons and home-made chocolate chip cookies) and people get to know each other pretty quickly.

I think that was my long-winded way of saying 'Getting to know new people is not an issue for me'. That is if I want to at that particular moment in time - and believe me, there are moments when I don't.

So, it strikes me as odd that I am in a situation where I want to be an extrovert, but find myself stuck in the introvert arena. I haven't been able to find a workable "conversation starter" in the file cabinet that is otherwise called my brain for a particular individual. Bummer.

Unfortunately, I don't think talking about the color of the sky, the philosophy surrounding plastic versus paper or even the exact amount of time it takes to make water boil would work out very well. :)

Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, you sure know how to spark the imagination.

MommyMarie

Anonymous said...

waiting on more information about this post. :)

MM