Friday, January 05, 2007

I Didn't Go To The Gym Today, But. . .

I thought I should post to let everyone know that the surgery went well and the divorce is complete.

I now have four dime-size cuts in my stomach area. I haven't looked at them yet, but will probably take some various pics over the next few days. This has played a pretty major role in my life lately so I think I'm going to scrapbook and journal about it. Sad, I know.

DocG told MommyMarie that sometimes, he goes in to remove a GallBladder and realizes that it really didn't need to be remove. This was not the case for me. My lovely GallBladder was majorly inflamed, though probably not diseased - DocG definitely understood why I was in so much pain and believes that it had to be removed. The stones did exactly as I was praying for - they stayed nice and cozy inside the GallBladder. DocG checked the liver and all of the tubes and I am free and clear with no blockages.

This makes me feel good - I was having some doubts last night: Did I rushed into this surgery without exploring other options? The answer: Nope!

I was home by 1:30pm and have had one pain pill today. I foresee having to have more medication tomorrow as I won't have anymore left-over morphine in my body. :(

I am sore throughout my stomach and my shoulders (side-affect of the gas that is still making itself at home in my stomach cavity). I am not a big fan of the 'liquid' diet requirement - but MommyMarie deemed that yogurt and pudding, in addition to the chicken broth, was liquid enough to qualify! I had just enough energy to loose at Rummy and win at Scrabble (twice)! :)

There seems to be some confusion about what I am allowed to eat this weekend: a) Doc told me low-fat/no-fat for one week after the surgery when I saw him in the office before Christmas; b) Doc told MommyMarie back to normal diet tomorrow after the surgery was over; c) Nurse-aroony said liquid diet today and low-fat tomorrow during the discharge review.

To be safe, I think I am aiming for a hybrid of options a) and c).


Namaste.

No comments: