Saturday, September 16, 2006

Are They All Like This?

I hate my cell phone - have hated it since the day I got it.

Rewind to July 2005 - the battery on my Nokia finally gave out (I had the thing for years, so I really couldn't complain). I was forced to get a new cell phone. The Nokia flip phone would be out "in a couple of months", but I couldn't wait a couple of months. So, I purchased a Samsung. Within days, that (*^)*^)(*& phone was returned and I ended up with a Motorola.

It works. It serves its purpose. But dang, if a week didn't go by since then that I haven't missed my old Nokia.

Today, I went into the Cincinnati Bell Store to get a new charger for the Motorola, only to find out that they don't carry the model anymore; therefore, they don't carry the charger either. Hmmmmm. . .Decisions. Decisions.

What did I do? I BOUGHT A NOKIA FLIP PHONE!!!

I'm excited - Nokia phones have always been user friendly and had a great selection of rings and tones and such. I get home and start messing with it. . .WAIT A MINUTE. . .This thing is so complicated that I'm going to have to get the directions out. OK, I'm adaptable. . .Once I learn how to work it, it will be a breeze. And it is a camera phone - so I can finally have my Bengal Wallpaper! :)

Hmmm, the ring and tone selections aren't that great anymore. Well, I'll just call and see what I have to do to get my "Fear Da Tiger" ring transferred to my new phone. After all, I got it from Cincinnati Bell so it shouldn't be difficult, even if they just need to send it to me again. WHAT! I CAN'T HAVE MY "FEAR DA TIGER". . .AND YOU HAVE NO BENGAL-FRIENDLY RINGTONES FOR ME TO BUY (or even any non-Bengal related selections that I would want)? I clarified - if I purchase ringtones for my phone and something happens (stolen, broke, out-dated, etc). . .I WILL LOOSE THEM. Cincinnati Bell does not have anything in place to allow ring tones to transfer to a new phone. (&#@)(*&%#

Are all carriers like this??? Someone let me know - I may have to investigate moving to a new carrier. Especially since Cincinnati Bell has reduced the number of wireless plans available and forced me into a more expensive plan. . .As well as a lot of other crap that I don't want to bore you with..

Namaste.

"The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away." - Barbara Kingsolver

P.S. Watch for the Chicken Dance during the game tomorrow - Chad Johnson led the biggest Chicken Dance in Cincinnati today for Octoberfest and has said he might do it again tomorrow. :)

No comments: