Saturday, August 26, 2006

Progress!

It has been a day of progress!

I have a new Bengal Design on my nails for Monday's game. OK, technically that was done yesterday, but I've been getting comments on them all day - so they are on my mind as progress for the weekend!

The scrap pages of the 2005 Bengals Season are complete! Well, at least for the games that I have pictures. There seems to be three games that I went to, but cannot locate pictures. If they turn up, I reserve the right to add more pages.

I went on a field trip to look at bathroom displays at the local tile store. It was going to be a quick trip in and out just to get ideas. Instead, I did some brainstorming, called my contractor and started doing some serious note taking and color comparing. All of this led to TILE SELECTION!!! Yes, I have selected (and in the store's file for my contractor) all of the tile for my main bath - the one that will get a major overhaul in about a month.

I didn't take a camera with me, as I wasn't going to pick/order anything today. . .But I wasn't too worried as I saw a sign about their "extensive" website. Hmmm, it appears that everything is pictured except the tiles that I picked!

So, I did a search and found a picture of the tile that will be on the shower wall. No luck finding the tiles for the shower floor and the room/closet floor.

The picture looks really green - in reality, the tile is a bit more black with green "veins" running through it, but you get the idea!


Heading back from my field trip and some other errands, I saw a gas station sign with $2.51/gallon. Even though I had three-fourths of a tank, I decided to fill up as I haven't seen gas that low in a long time. Imagine my surprise when the gas pump said $2.47/gallon. Whoo-hoo - gas under $2.50!!! OK, that's sad - it wasn't really that long ago when gas was under $2.00 and I'm celebrating $2.47, but at least it isn't up around $3.00/gallon anymore!

I got the rest of my curtains - I love it when the stores are having major sales! The curtains are normally $25/each. . .I picked them up for $10.30/each! Got a few pillows too (also on sale) - gold ones to go with the new gold curtains (pictured in an earlier blog post).

I did my first weigh-in for the "back on the diet" nightmare. Yes, I know that it hasn't quite been a week as it started on Monday, but Saturdays are the best day for me to weigh-in. The progress? I lost 5 lbs (ok, recovery pounds, but progress none-the-less)!!! Yippee - incentive to keep this up for another week. It helps that I got my shipment of protein powder - makes it a bit easier to get the five to six meals in everyday.


The Blog is updated (hey, that's progress too!) with a fairly long post even!

Now, I am heading out to put the first coat of stain on my Fireplace Mantel (rain, rain - stay away! mosquitos too!). It is getting installed on Tuesday, so I must get it in gear to get it stained! I'm hoping that this can be listed as completed tomorrow and progress for the weekend!

Namaste.

PS. I changed a nickname. For those of you who have figured out who MommyGirl is - she is now Lucy.

No comments: