Sunday, August 27, 2006

Emergency Exit Mystery

I've been reading all of the updates about the Comair plane that crash in Lexington this morning. The crash site is just down the road from where I lived for about 2 - 3 months way back when. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the friends and families of those who have transitioned as a result of this.

I am anxious to find out what happened once the investigation is complete - not so much what caused the crash, but why the emergency exits weren't used and more people saved (one of the pilots was pulled out of the plane and is in critical condition).

As a "frequent flyer", I could recite the safety instructions to you in my sleep. The people sitting in the emergency rows are briefed one-on-one before the flight about their job of getting those exits open and getting people out of there quick. The mystery to me is: Why didn't this happen?

I'll be honest - this is going to be in the back of my mind and bother me until I learn from, pray about and understand what happened.

UPDATE: It was found that the crash (and not the fire) was the cause of passengers' transitions.

Namaste.

No comments: