Monday, July 17, 2006

Uphill Battle

I won't lie - The dieting is getting rough and I'm not loosing.

We started up a food co-op at work - brilliant idea! I cook supper on Sunday night and package up the left-overs for people at work. They do the same. Leads for great lunches during the week that I didn't have to cook. Also leads to being strict on my diet the rest of the meals as these are my "gotta be on the elliptical machine a bit longer to work this off". The problem? It's summer - I like ice cream (though I have found some Italian Ice that is much better for me, but more expensive too), it's fair time, it's my birthday, etc. etc. etc.

The bright side to all of this - I'm not gaining! It is now the 17th day of the month and I have been at the gym 12 days of it. Not bad. . .Also leaves for a lot of entries in bog world. :) I was working out at the gym with my trainer tonight and was stopped by a stranger to compliment me on my job well done. WOW. . .Made me feel great! May also be the incentive I need to keep going.

Namaste.

"In 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked." - Mary Schmich

No comments: