Sunday, July 16, 2006

Books

I love to read! I have tons of books in my TBR Pile (to be read) and in my KAAC Pile (keep at all cost - primarily Christine Feehan, Nora Roberts/JD Robb and Sherilyn Kenyon). Unfortunately, I read VERY quickly. I can get through a novel in one night or a Harry Potter novel in three nights. Why is this unfortunate? Because finding new books is expensive!

I knew it was getting bad when one of the employees at the half-price book store knew my car and called me by name when I walk through the door. I take many bags of books (the ones that didn't make my KAAC Pile) there to "recycle". This is one way that I have tried to cut my costs. I also tried the local library - but most of the books there are ones that I have already read or have no interest in reading.

On the other hand, I do enjoy rereading a book over and over and finding those little tid-bits that I missed the first times around. If a new book in a series (i.e. Harry Potter or J.D. Robb) is being released, I reread the entire series before picking up the new one. What - everyone doesn't do that? :)

Did I mention that I love books?

Namaste.

"We read to train the mind, to fill the mind, to rest the mind, to recreate the mind, or to escape the mind." - Holbrook Jackson

No comments: