Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Priorities. . .

As I have experienced more and more of life's journey, I have come to value certain things (in random order):
A Child's Hug - OK, I value all hugs, but getting hugs from my nieces and nephews popped in my head first.
Traveling and Experiencing Other Cultures - What amazing memories!
My Memories - Gotta back-up the file cabinets in my head with scrapbooks documenting all of the experiences.
True Friends - They are few and far between. . .So I cherished them above all else!
My Body - I only have one to take care of this time around. . .So I need to take care of it!
My Mind - Gotta put the degree to good use.
My Garden - What a wonderful work of art. . .By both God and my landscaper.

Notice, I did not include cleaning on the list.
It is not something that I will prioritize.
It is not something that I enjoy.
It is not something that gets done very often around my house.
Don't get me wrong, I love a clean house and refuse to live in filth; however, I am not willing to give up the valuable things in my life to make time to clean.

Take today for example: I worked, I worked out, I grocery shopped, I blogged, I read. That covers traveling (earning money to do more), body (exercising, nourishing), friends (blogging to stay in touch) and mind (exercising the imagination). Put a lot of check marks on the value list today.

I think that I am just gonna have to squeeze in one room a week to clean. Then, I'm gonna have to take a serious look at the budget and find moola to hire someone to help me keep it that way! Then I can stop blogging about cleaning, because it will be done and no longer on my mind.

Namaste.

"Don't deny your basic needs. . .Find ways to incorporate these necessary functions into even the busiest schedule." -Stephanie Goddard Davidson
(The colors are driving me nuts!)

No comments: