Monday, June 26, 2006

Body vs. Mind

Recently, I heard Mommy Marie explain to someone that I torture my body at the gym. At the time (most of the time), I disagree with that statement.

Today, my body agrees with her!
My muscles feel sore. . .
My joints feel stiff. . .
My body feels way older than the age on my Driver's License. . .

On the other hand, my mind knows it takes 21 days to get back into a routine. . .
My mind recognizes that this is the payback from taking some time off while I was on vacation. . .

My mind loves fitting into clothes that are two sizes smaller than I was wearing at Christmas time. . .

Mind wins!


So, I will keep sweating on the elliptical and letting my trainer push me as no one else can. My goal is to hit the gym five times a week - three times for weights and two times for heavy fat-burn cardio. After all, I still have some smaller sizes to get into!


Namaste.

"The kind of beauty I want most is the hard-to-get kind that comes from within - strength, courage, dignity." -Ruby Dee

No comments: