Friday, November 11, 2022

#FridayFinds - Knotty Pine on the Bayou (Cold Springs, KY)

I'm going to continue the interruption of my restaurant catch up to spotlight my favorite.
I realized that I was going to Knotty Pine way before I started the #FridayFinds on this blog, so I never featured it. Fully transparent, I am still "catching up" as we went in July...

Time to fix that!

For my birthday, MBB scored reservations (yes, if you want to go and don't want to eat at 9pm - reservations are a must!) and it made for a great evening!  

We always get the same thing - I don't see that ever changing.  :)

This is the second location that I have been to for Knotty Pine on the Bayou.  The first was just up the road in a very old, slanted building.  This one is nicer, but the first one had way more character. :)

MBB always gets the Cajun Sampler
(without the shrimp and a 2nd gumbo instead of the red beans and rice)
What I get isn't on the menu.  :)
I order the Steak Tips from the sampler and get it as a meal with gumbo and the boiled potatoes... I can't go to Knotty without getting their potatoes.
I got a Birthday dessert - Kahlua Pie
MBB didn't like it, but it was my birthday, and I knew exactly what I wanted!

It had been about six years since we had been to Knotty because of our move to Michigan. And the only restaurants in Southern Michigan / Toledo that claimed to be "Cajun" only had seafood - notice, no seafood in the pictures above.  It was great to visit an old friend again.

Should this post have been called #Remembering instead of 
Namaste.

No comments: