Friday, November 04, 2022

#FridayFinds - The Goetta Festival (Newport, KY)

Please excuse the interuption of my getting caught up on restaurants from the past to highlight a festival that has been on my bucket list for awhile...

We finally made it to the Goetta Festival.

I do love goetta - probably because I don't eat it very often.
If you don't have German roots or live in the Cincinnati area, you may not know what Goetta is.
I bring you - the festival's explanation:

Five of us went, we sampled a lot of stuff... 
Goetta Cheese Tator Tots

Goetta Whirly Fries

Goetta Balls

The inside of a Goetta Ball

No Goetta here - a cream puff that wasn't very memorable... Okay, it was - because I want to remember not to get it again.  We also got an Apple Streusel that I thought I got a picture of but can't seem to find - MBB liked that way better.)

I can't remember the exact name - but this was a breakfast sandwich with donuts (for the bread), goetta, egg, bacon and cheese. It was yummy and a heart attack in the making - four of us split it to not overload our hearts.

I got my fill of goetta and I can check it off of my list.
The heat and blaring music (don't get me wrong, I love concerts - but this volume was a little overboard when people are sitting there trying to eat) probably won't make it a repeat for me. :(

One last memory from the festival:


Namaste.

No comments: