Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Completely Michiganders...

I was browsing through some of the post on the blog (fixed a few typos) and saw how much I commented on our relocation and trying to sell the house in Kentucky...

So, I thought I should let everyone know that we have closed the chapter on Kentucky and are 100% Michiganders... FINALLY.

MBB is still not extremely happy about moving to the Artic, but there are far more items in the positive side of the list than he expected.  I am extremely happy with our location - though we won't talk about visitors!

And - I asked my friend about the meaning behind Michigander...
Apparently, Abe Lincoln was the first to say the term... And it wasn't in a good way, but it stuck.
In 2011, a poll was held that revealed that 58% of residents preferred that term (according to Wikipedia).

So, I am a Michigander!

Namaste.

No comments: