Saturday, March 10, 2018

Finally - An Artist!

I think this group paint is a big trend right now...
I have seen lots of pictures on Facebook of people who have gone.

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try it out myself!
We went to Painting with a Twist as a part of our Girl's Weekend...


My painting basically looked like the "teacher's" with my own spin. 
 > I didn't use that bright ugly yellow paint that you see on my plate...
 > I found out how to turn red into maroon (add just a bit of black!)...
 > I left a out a few mountains and added a happy baby tree (Hi Bob Ross!)...

Some people (Hi MBB!) will say that I still have yellow on my canvas.
Here's the thing... I hate bright yellow.  That one that everyone uses for the Sun or Sunflowers...
Yep, can't stand it.
It literally makes my stomach hurt.

Give me something with an orange or tan tint and I am okay with those shades of yellow - like this mustardy color on my painting.  My old Condo in Ohio was a paint color called "Bagel"... it was a golden tan, like when a bagel was toasted.  MBB still says my condo was yellow, I say bagel.

I have to say that I am pretty proud of my end result.
And MBB is letting me hang it in his office, so it can't look that bad!

Namaste.

No comments: