Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Remembering - Community

There is a saying: "Sometimes, you don't know what you until it is gone."
I have to say - that has been the case with places that I lived in the past.

I think I am going to take Wednesdays to remember something that was great from years gone by.

From my time at X, I miss the community. 

I could sit in my room with the door open and people would just pop in or out. 
You could walk down the hall and find a euchre game or people who wanted to ditch the books and join a new game.
There was the peanuts card game and many fingers that almost got broke. 
Friday story nights in the Village Senior Year - bring your favorite kid book and share.  I took Suzy to visit one Friday (yes, I still have Suzy).

I could sit out on the lawn to read, study or just chill and who knows who would plop down next to me.  I remember, a few years after graduation, I was at a concert in downtown Cincinnati - laying in the grass and all of a sudden - someone just plopped.  Yep - a friend from X who I hadn't seen in ages. It was great.
He's in California now, so I don't think he'll plop anytime soon if I hang out on the grass again.

I seem to be remembering those times even more so with having reconnected with a few people on Facebook.  It brings a smile to my face and sometimes, a tear to my eye.

Someone at X wrote about puzzles.  I think I put it in the yearbook Senior Year.
I've been thinking about that a lot recently. 
Some people join your puzzle for good, some come - stick around for awhile and then head out (leave some pieces and take others).

Life - full of experiences and many, many memories.
Thank you to the community at X from 1993-1996.

Namaste.

No comments: