Monday, January 05, 2015

Mourning

I have found that I don't like making cookies anymore.  
Mainly, because I don't like all of the waiting that is involved!
Bagged cookies aren't so bad as they only have two or three cookie sheets to go into the oven... 
I can handle that much waiting.
But, when you have 10, 11, 12 cookie sheets.  No thanks...

So, I have found myself making more things that either only go in the oven once or not at all.
Cookie bars... Muffins... Mini-loaves... And yes, Christmas Wreaths!
I really like the wreaths and they tend to disappear whenever I take them anywhere...

And then, it happened...
The only place that carried the round pretzels, stopped (I'm looking at you Meijer!).
I literally stood in the aisle with tears in my eyes.

Yes, I can order them on-line... 
12 bags at a time...
Or pay twice the cost of the pretzels in shipping...

So, I started using the mini-twists (or small size...don't know which one I ended up with)...
Yes, they may taste better with more pretzel to the chocolate, but...

I am still mourning my wreaths.  
No more MnMs on it... 
No more clever name...

I also made a few recipes that I saw on facebook: 
Coal Bars
White Chocolate / Red Velvet Fudge

Neither turned out great and probably won't be a repeat for me.

Namaste.

No comments: