Thursday, January 29, 2015

Going to the Movies

I'm not a big fan of movies. 

I get bored...
I have to tinkle (doesn't matter how long the movie is)...
I can't stay awake...
I'm constantly worried about bed bugs...

But...
I admit, there are some good movies there worth the unbelievable ticket prices.

American Sniper is be one of them.

I read the book...
Way before they started even talking publicly about a movie.
Before the unfortunate death in Texas.

I loved the book...
I tried to talk MBB and OB into reading it.
I failed.

The movie was good...
The book was better...
As with most books to movies, they just have to cut so much out in order to make the movie.
I get it.

I know that Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper did what they had to do to make a hit that was in good taste, was true to the book and was respectful to the memory of Chris Kyle.

Everyone talked about the theater emptying out in complete silence.
Agreed...
I think that would be the case if I saw it 100 times.
I personally think that doing anything else would be just as bad as, if not worse than, talking during the National Anthem.
Go Google how Chris Kyle felt about that one...

I think that this movie is as deserving of as many awards as Chris Kyle received personally.

I must say, if you liked the movie - go read the book!

Namaste.

No comments: