Sunday, January 19, 2014

Baby Steps People!

So I've been trying to make changes since New Year’s…

Not necessarily resolution, I think I posted about goals.

I also decided to make a few small changes, not big things that are impossible, but little things that I can do here in there. They probably tie back into the goals that I made, but to be honest - I haven't really looked at them to know for sure.

One small (okay, so it doesn’t always feel so small) change is artificial sweetener. I am trying to reduce the amount of artificial sweetener that I consume. Eliminating it completely is pretty much impossible, or at least something that I don’t want to tackle right now, so I am focusing on one area - my diet pop.

That is huge!

Typically, I had a (sometimes two) Diet Cherry Pepsi(s) every day at work…
It was my addiction…
My comfort drink…
What I always got at the gas stations (and if they didn’t carry it, it wasn’t a gas station that I pulled into)… Since diet pop is full of artificial sweeteners and I am really trying to get back to the natural sugars (mostly Stevia, but I will touch Sugar Cane on occasion)...

GASP!

I'm not giving it up completely as I don’t think that is attainable…
Baby Steps People!

My goal is to only have Diet Pop when I'm at the pool halls and that is twice a week. Unfortunately, I am still giving up my Diet Cherry Pepsi completely as they only carry Diet Pepsi at one and Diet Coke at the other.

Tangent Coming
Yes, I’m aware that some people like Pepsi and some people like Coke.
I fall into the Pepsi camp.
So, it may be easy to reduce to one night a week…

We’ll see.

Namaste.

No comments: