Sunday, September 02, 2012

Six Months

It is unbelievable to me that it has been six months.

I am sitting here searching for words of wisdom about the experience we have lived over the last six months and I am finding nothing.  I am still amazed a storm traveling pretty quickly through my neighborhood caused so much damaged that six months wasn't enough time to fix / rebuild.

I still look at my property in amazement.  So much debri and destruction sitting next to construction supplies and that POD container that I am so looking forward to not needing anymore.

I drive around the area and see signs of hope / rebuilding along with signs of despare / destruction still in more areas than anyone would like. 
The community had another "volunteer help" day a few weeks ago, but I didn't see anyone.  I know that there is a road at the other end of the neighborhood who was hit really hard (8 out of 11 homes destroyed) and maybe that is where everyone is going.  But I feel for the neighbors on this side of the neighborhood who obviously need help and are not getting it. 
I feel bad about not helping my neighbors, but then I look at my own property and realize that I am helping - myself.

Hopefully, I will be able to post a "seven month" post and share that we are done (crossing every finger and toe that I have).  But even after we are done, I doubt that I will ever be able to write that we are recovered. 

Namaste.

No comments: