Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Hobby?

As some of you may know, and some of you may not, I am a remodel-er.
It is so bad that I had to start listing it one of my hobbies.

No, it did not begin when I moved into my current house.
This bug hit me about 15 years ago when I bought my first piece of property. . .

I was single. . .
I was poor. . .
I had expensive tastes. . .
I was uncomfortable living in what felt like someone else's home. . .

So, I put the call out and many people in my family started teaching me how to do things.
Good thing I am a fast learner as some of those things have had to be done multiple times (I'm pretty darn good at changing door knobs!).
I also learned when to pinch pennies and outsource - hurt the wallet, but the bathrooms looked good!

Care to take a guess at when I got the Condo done?
The week after I moved out.
Yep, my renter is now enjoying all of the remodeling that I did.

But it was time to not be single anymore and I had something new to focus my attention on.
Yes, I moved out of that beautifully remodeled condo into another fixer-upper.

I am no longer single, which is nice to have someone co-sharing your hobby...
I am no longer poor, but I am pretty darn frugal...
I still had expensive tastes, but now there is something called compromise that gets involved...
I still didn't want to feel like I am living in someone else's home...

And the fun continues. . .

Namaste.

No comments: