Monday, February 09, 2009

Unbelievable

Coach,

I'd like to think that your primary job as a coach is to be a positive role model.
Yes, you are also there to help the kids develop their athletic abilities, but being an example is first and foremost the most important part of your job.

I am very dismayed at your behavior this weekend.
I could see your point in the first half when you were having a heated discussion with the officials.
I think most of us in the stands saw your point and you did cause them to add a third ref.

I could not see your point at the end of the game when you refused to let our kids shake hands.
I could not see your point when it took four adults to hold you back as you were screaming at the other coach.
Yes, I agree that he did not show good sportsman-like conduct by running the score up as high as he did, but did it really warrant your actions?

The fact that this is not the first time you have acted like this (just the first time this year) and that the school considers this behavior acceptable is a huge concern to me.
I can only hope that the kids on your team do not look up to you as a role model, but as an example of how not to act.

Namaste.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please tell me that you sent the coach and the school with whom s/he is affiliated this letter.

Good grief!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Now you and I know a very strict.. somewhat scary coach.. but never .. never in a million years would she have done that.. or had us not shake hands.. WOW.. this coach sounds like his ego was hurt.. not that he lost the game..
bad bad example for the kids.. there is enough violence on tv and in video games and music..
GESH!