Sunday, February 15, 2009

Can You Believe It's Been A Year?

On 2/15/2008, MBB and I closed on our house.
On 3/16/2008, I moved into our house (I don't recommend moving while jet-lagged!).

Over the last year, there have been many times that both of us shook our heads over the amount of work we signed up for. I believe "If I would have realized. . ." was even muttered on occasion.
It wasn't until the other night, when we realized that we were coming up in on the "anniversary" of our closing, that we realized. . .We've gotten A LOT DONE this past year!

We. . .
- Converted the extra bedroom to a bathroom.
- Connected into city water (Goodbye cistern!).
- Networked the house (Still have holes in some walls from that one!).
- Installed air conditioning with a new furnace (Just in time for the first frost!).
- Replaced the water heater.
- Installed an attic ladder (Us non-monkey types can get up there now too!).
- Made structural changes in: Kitchen/Dining Room (it's now one room!), OB's Room and MaBell's Room. . .

The list could go on and on. . .
Instead of boring you with the minuscule details, I'll try to post "finished" pictures in the near future (It may take awhile as my computer. . .the main picture editor one. . .has bit the dust).

Granted, our list of "To Dos" is still pretty large, but I don't feel as overwhelmed now that the "Dones" are getting close to catching up with the "To Dos"!  
The structural change occurring in the Master Bedroom and Master Bath is currently in-process. The scraps on my left ankle/foot from falling over a pile of lumber in the middle of the night are pretty good proof of our in-process-ness.

Namaste.

No comments: