Saturday, September 20, 2008

What Wind!

We had some windy weather last Sunday.
Yes, windy - not rainy, not stormy, nothing but windy.

I took this on my way home Sunday early evening.
There are many, many, many more that I could have taken!
As I was driving down a major road on Sunday, my experience of stop lights was pretty mind blowing:
Stoplight #1: Lights off, stop signs in the intersection
Stoplight #2: Lights off
Stoplight #3: Working, no issue
Stoplights #4 - ~#10: Lights off, many drivers blowing through the intersections (~35 - ~45 mph)
PEOPLE. . .No lights on a stoplight means treat it like a FOUR-WAY STOP!!!
Stoplights #11 - #13: Working, no issue (2 fast food restaurants were open and majorly BUSY)
Stoplights #14 - #15: Lights off
Stoplight ##16: Working, no issue

I alternated between laughing at the sporadic electricity outages, screaming at drivers on the verge of causing accidents and praying that we had power at home as I hadn't had time to do the laundry for the week.

Most of the people I know in Cincinnati and even as far north as my hometown were without power (some still are). There were school closings galore all last week.


We were some of the lucky ones - we had power throughout the entire week and the kids had the great privilege of not missing a day of school! I figure they miss enough due to winter weather, glad windy weather didn't fall into that list too! :) I don't think that they agreed with me.

Namaste.

No comments: