Friday, August 01, 2008

No, They Didn't!

My job entails me helping people with a computer system.
No, I am not in the I.T. department.

I got an email the other day concerning something that had to be done THAT DAY in "my system".
Not enough information was given for me to investigate, so I found some time to visit their desk.
As I was discussing the issue with them, their phone rang and. . .

Oh no, they didn't!
Oh yes, they did!
As I was in mid sentence, they answered the phone.

After ignoring me for at least a minute (yes, I was starting to see red), I hear "I'll have to get back to you later."
OK, they will call that person back. I can take care of their important thing and get back to my desk and the other things that I need to get done.

What?
That was directed at me?
Not the phone?
I took time out to go to their desk for THEIR important issue and I get blowed off with a snotty "you will help me later"?

Hmmm, let me think about this one. . .
I DON'T THINK SO.

I believe "I think I have some time tomorrow." is what came out of my mouth.
I heard a big, annoying sigh.
They gifted me with a moment so that they could show me how my system wasn't working.
I was fighting a smile as I showed them how my system was working.
Gotta love it when it's user error. :D

And I should help, why?
Oh yeah, cause I get paid too.
Doesn't mean that I have to like it.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Listen, I will have to comment on this blog tomorrow..

LOL
=)