Monday, June 09, 2008

It's A Growin. . .

A few years ago, I wanted a garden. . . But living in a condo made it kinda difficult (condo = postage stamp size yard). When I had my postage stamp landscaped, I got a bag of dirt added in for a garden (okay, so it was really four bags of dirt, but you get the idea!). I had enough room for six tomato plants, two cucumber plants and one pepper. They weren't all successful, but I at least got them planted.




Fast forward to this year. . .

I am no longer doing the condo lifestyle!

The house is on 2.1 acres which means I GET A GARDEN!!!
I spent about $50 in plants and seeds to grow produce for the household.

Then MBB's dad joined me (it was his garden when he lived in the house) and the thing is HUGE!

Did I mention that it is HUGE???

You don't even see the entire garden in this picture - the corn rows are in the back part to the left (behind where the water is coming out of the hose).





Let's hope that the plants and seeds like the garden as much as I do and give us lots of food for the summer. My budget would also love that!!! I planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, watermelon, banana peppers and corn (just to name a few). . .


















I was working in the garden this past weekend - You would have thought that after the downpours we had a few days ago that I wouldn't need to water, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. . .The ground was bone dry!

Namaste.

No comments: