Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gotta Do It. . .

If the big boss tells me to do something, I do it.
If it violates my ethics or breaks a law, then I'll blow the whistle.

Don't get me wrong. . .
I do not dedicate my life to my job. I have a pretty good work / life balance.
When I am on break or lunching at my desk, I'm surfing the net (safe sites only, of course) or writing on my blog. When I have a system taking five minutes to refresh, I may check the weather, check the families cell phone minutes or jot down some ideas for the blog.

But. . .
If they say write this report - I'm on it.
If they say dress this way - I'm fashioning the big boss way.

If they say get here at this time - I'm there.
After all - they give me the paycheck to do it.

I do not understand the people who refuse to do the little things that are required. . .
Like recycling!
We have a major push to recycle EVERYTHING and send 0% to the land fill.

I walked by the paper only bin and saw a Styrofoam plate.
What the???
It made matters even worse when I found out who did it. . .

Namaste.

"Diamonds are only chunks of coal, that stuck to their jobs, you see."

-Minnie Richard Smith

No comments: