Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Eating Out. . .

Group work lunches and diets do not mix well.
I always struggle with being able to participate and have to do more at the gym or being rude and not going.

Last week, my group decided to order from
Moe's for an event. I really wanted to participate and didn't have the extra time or energy to punish myself more so I went a searching. I found this great nutrition calculator on their website (go through menu, nutrition, then click on an item and the calculator will pop up).

Who would have thought that if I ordered a salad, I would have blown my diet for the day - 1,030 calories! Instead, I ordered a Joey Bag of Donuts Streaker (burrito without the tortilla shell, no cheese or sauce add cucumbers and lettuce) and was still on target for the day with 340 calories! The website let you take off / add on and updated the info with each change. WOWSA - I am impressed!

I haven't always been a big fan of Moe's, but that may change now that I have a good understanding of what I can and cannot eat. I wish more restaurants made it this easy!

Namaste.

No comments: