Tuesday, March 04, 2008

KTG

One of my favorite singers is Karen Taylor-Good.
I have been blessed to meet her multiple times and even spent some quality one-on-one time with her back in 2005. Yes, I have the photos to prove it.

She has some amazing songs. She doesn't just talk about love, heartbreak and partying. She writes about living, learning and becoming who we are meant to be. She falls into what I call "unity" music. . .Life Songs.

I was fortunate enough to see her again this past weekend. I've been on a KTG music kick since then, so I thought I'd put a song that I listened to on the drive into work this morning.

Love Is A Verb (KTG / Taylor Sparks)
You sit at home watchin' T.V.
Daily love in the afternoon
Then on to your romance novels
Where every bride gets her groom
Then you sigh that your life is so lonely
And ask why such a cruel destiny
I say check your dictionary
Therein lies the key

(chorus)
Love is a verb
It's somethin' you do
It's not just a word that happens to you
Get on your mark, get set
Yes, you might get hurt
It's a ride, It's a rush, It's love
And love is a verb

I think the truth is you're frightened
So you spend all your time alone
Thinkin' somehow love will find you
While you hide in your safety zone
But to win you have got to risk losing
And when love is the name of the game
It's not a sport for spectators
So get off the bench and play!

(repeat chorus)

Victims of love
Is that all we are?
Turn a new page
And see who's in charge

(repeat chorus)

Namaste.

No comments: