Thursday, March 06, 2008

Back when I was 16, I was involved in a car accident.
Most people hear "16" and "car accident" and assume that the teen was being reckless, speeding, etc, etc, etc.
Wrong.

I was hit by a woman in a brand new New Yorker.

She illegally turned left in front of me causing me to hit her.

MommyMarie overheard this statement (or something along these lines...my memory is a bit foggy) the next day in the neighborhood butcher shop: "Mom found the keys to the car again. Hit another one."
Yep, it was a senior citizen who was no longer able to drive, but refused to stop.

Don't misunderstand me.
I'm not saying that all senior citizens are threats on the roads and shouldn't drive.
I'm just bringing up one who was and who caused me years of back pain and chiropractor bills.


Why is this incident in my mind today?
A 71-year old turned left in front of another car on Tuesday in my hometown.

I wish that those involved would have years of back pain and chiropractor bills.
Unfortunately, that is not the case.
RIP Patrick
I always think of you when I see Spongebob Squarepants. . .Will always remember and laugh about the heated discussion over that birthday cake - Glad you got the "Patrick" piece!

I am now thinking that Kentucky may have this one right.
Seat-belts must be worn in the back-seat - it's a law.
Maybe it should be in Ohio too!


C-Boy...Love you buddy.
I like your thought about Patrick being up there with Anthony. Stay strong.

Namaste.

No comments: