Friday, January 04, 2008

My Bengals. . .

I know that my posting about the Bengals has been light lately.
Mainly, because I have had other things in my life to focus on (hiya MBB!) and I don't like to be too negative on my blog (yes, I have in the past and will again on occasion. . .but am trying to get better).

However since the season is over, I should take a moment to post about them.

Specifically, a few stats that I know that I will be looking for when I get around to scrapbooking all of the home games (all stats came from
bengals.com):
> Record: 7 - 9

> Carson had 4,130 yards passing (new single-season franchise passing record)
> Chad had 1,440 yards receiving (new single-season franchise receiving record)
> Housh caught 112 passes
> Chad / Housh: Second highest receiving duo in the NFL (One place said 1st place, one said 2nd)
> Watson was the leading rusher with 763 yards
> Hall led the team with five interceptions
> Bengals will have the ninth pick in the 2008 draft

From
bengals.com:
> MVP: Housh
> Defensive Player of the Year: Leon Hall

> Rookie of the Year: Chinedum Ndukwe (I butcher it, but it was beautiful when he says it)
> Comeback Player of the Year: Levi Jones
> Asst Coach of the Year: Darrin Simmons (Special Teams)

My "Things that make you go hmmmm. . .":
> Rudi - Not sure of his future
> Housh - Contract talks will be happening
> Defense - potential to lose some good guys!
> Draft - what are they going to do?

Namaste.

No comments: