Thursday, December 13, 2007

Traditions...

I have a tradition. . .

I spend a day baking and baking and baking until I am so sick of baking that I don't do it for about 365 days. I bake as many cookies as I can (all but one batch is from scratch) and give them out as gifts to many of my neighbors, friends and coworkers.


Today was the big day!

I was at the grocery store at 8am this morning to get my baking supplies.
I was at the grocery store at 10am returning some items that I already had, getting some items that I had forgotten and purchasing a new mixer as mine decided to start smoking on the first batch of cookies and pretty much bit the dust on the second batch!

I am also trying to find ways to speed up the process as my cooking turnover has also been decreased by half. Some dear friends of mine bought me this great thing that sits in a cookie sheet and prevents the cookies from sticking. It's an awesome invention!

A few months ago, SB's fundraiser had a similar item - so I grabbed it. I own two cookie sheets, so having two inserts would be great!

Wrong! The new insert that I found is now in the trash with about 2 dozen cookies that were baked on it. So, I am back to one insert and longer periods of no cookies baking in the oven. :(

I think it is time to change this tradition or improve on it as I have a feeling I will not be able to wait another 365 days to bake again.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coworkers? I didn't see any baked goodies around, must be because half of them ended up in the trash? :(