Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sunday was. . .

. . .a great day to be a Bengals Fan. . .

What a great game - though the first half was a little disheartening and the last few minutes was very nerve wracking. If I had nails, they would probably been bitten off!

I will admit that I am a Bengals fan, even when our record isn't that great. . .
I own two seat licenses and enjoy going to every home game. . .
SB calls me a "Bengals Stalker" due to the amount of gear that I own. . .

Having said all of that - I don't understand people that get soooo worked up (in the first minute of the game, no less) that they look like they are going to have a heart attack. Though I did pay a large amount of moolah for my seats, my world is not going to come to an end because of an incomplete pass or not converting that third down. It is a game - one that I do enjoy, but not one that I will risk my health over.

And some Bengal-related tidbits from MMQB on SI.com (like how he focuses so much on the Jets' loss and so little on the Bengals' win)
:

1. I think these are my quick-hit thoughts of Week 7:
g. You can blame a lot of things on Chad Pennington, Jets fans (and you do), but the performance of Kenny Watson cannot be one of them. Watson -- 31 rushes, 130 yards, three TDs -- was everything Rudi Johnson would have been for the Bengals had he not been plagued by a strained groin.
4. I think the Jets need to soul-search a bit, and not just because they're 1-6. In the second half in Cincinnati, Pennington threw an awful interception (returned for a touchdown) and fumbled a center snap. Cornerback Darrelle Revis got called for two pass-interference penalties. Ben Graham shanked a punt 20 yards, safety Abram Elam slugged Kenny Watson at the end of a running play and got 15 yards for unnecessary roughness ... a disaster.


Namaste.
*78 Days Until Metal-Free!!!

No comments: