Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Love Flowers!

Being that I like lots of non-girlie stuff such as football, weight lifting and remodeling projects, it may come as a surprise to some of you that I like flowers.


My favorite flower is a Stargazer Lily.

The one problem is that it is huge and not always easy to put in a bouquet.

For my 30th Birthday, MommyMarie ordered a combination of 30 roses and stalks of mini-lilies (that looked similar to a Stargazer). Since a stalk has more than one flower on it, no one at work realized that it was a major birthday! (Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of my birthday bouquet to post)


I try to plant a "color of the year" in the front flower beds (this year is red) and all over the tiny plot that I call a back yard (this year is pink). My friend who designed my back yard even put in a great variety that surprises me with gorgeous blooms in the spring. I am going to majorly miss my colorful spring when I decide to move.



MBB surprised me last Friday with a gorgeous bouquet of coral roses and mini-lilies. It was a "flutter" moment!

They are absolutely gorgeous and all of the roses have opened beautifully!

I am being sappy and am trying to save most of the rose petals. I'm not sure how well that will work or what I will use them for. . .But, I'm doing it anyway! :)



Namaste.

No comments: