Monday, July 23, 2007

My Reality

I will be turning 33 tomorrow, but I am NOT celebrating my 33rd birthday.

There were about six years (could be more - I'm good at blocking those years out) that I chose to not celebrate July 24th. This may be my 33rd year on this planet, but it is celebration number 27...

Happy 27th Birthday to me!!!
Like my logic? I do!

I really didn't have the typical "18 - 25" year-old's life. I bought my condo at 22 and was busting ass to reach my goal of making it on my own and learning from some experiences unique to my journey. I didn't go to all of the spring break places or hang out in the clubs meeting people. Don't get me wrong - I have some great memories and I would not change any event. . .Those things made me who I am today. AND I never want to relive those years again!

Having said all that - I feel like my 30s are everyone elses' 20s.
I am so enjoying meeting new people, hanging out in the dating scene and just doing what I want, when I want - all while benefiting from the experiences and maturity that comes with being 33. I don't want a do-over of the 1990s, but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy that life-style now!

Namaste.

No comments: