Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ever Had? and a Song

...one of those days were everything was just "blah" and "ugh".

Nothing happened.
Really. I am not trying to be vague and codey.

I have no reason for being in downer mood...I just am.



There is a song that I keep listening to on the radio - Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
I'm on the verge of buying the CD so that I can listen to it more.
Portions of it remind me of situations in my life. . .
Makes me think. . .
Yes, now I AM being vague!

VERSE 1
The smell of your skin lingers on me now
You're probably on your flight back to your home town
I need some shelter of my own protection baby
Be with myself in center, clarity
Peace, serenity

CHORUS
I hope you know
I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal
Myself and I
We got some straightening out to do
And I'm not gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
Big girls don't cry
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry

VERSE 2
The path that I'm walkin, I must go alone
I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown
Fairy tales don't always have a happy ending do they?
And I forsee the dark ahead if I stay

CHORUS

BRIDGE
Like a little school mate in a school yard,
We'll play jacks and Uno cards
I'll be your best friend
And you'll be my Valentine
Yes you can hold my hand if you want to
Cuz I wanna hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers and share our secret world
But it's time for me to go home
It's getting late dark outside
I need to be with myself in center,
Clarity, peace, serenity

CHORUS

Namaste.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the song because I could relate to it as well. It was on my profile for a while :)

Come over and we'll have a drink (or 2) and get over all this. LOL