Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bon Appetit!

I love to eat! I don't think that will surprise anyone that knows me. The difference between the me of years past and the me of today is that I do that dreaded word - moderation!

Instead of going out to eat a majority of the week - I go out a few times a month.
Instead of going to fast food joints, I go to a restaurant with a few more healthy options.
Instead of going to "OK - been there, done that" restaurants, I try to go to places that are different or that I have never been before.


In 2005, I received an awesome Christmas present - Dinner at one of Cincinnati's Top 25 Fine Dining Restaurants of 2005 per Cincinnati Magazine.

I had just started my new diet and was already cheating for our annual Christmas Dinner, so we agreed to wait until about April to go dining and hopefully to celebrate a weight loss of 25 lbs down.

I debated long and hard between Boca and Nicola's Ristorante.

We went to Boca in April and actually celebrated 40 lbs down. . .The caramelized brussel sprouts were unbelievably awesome (though no longer on the menu per the website)!!! Don't turn up your nose - even a brussel sprout hater liked them!

Our 2006 Christmas dinner was delayed until February because of the divorce from my gall bladder. I am happy to say that I received that awesome present again...This time for one of the Top Restaurants of 2007 (no more "Fine Dining" requirement).

From reading the reviews, I am struggling to make a decision! If I have eaten at a restaurant previously, it is automatically eliminated: Boca, Daveed's at 934, Jo An Japanese Restaurant or my all-time fave, Knotty Pine on the Bayou. Beyond that. . .Very few restaurants have been crossed off of my list.

I think this year's event will also be a celebration of 80 lbs down. . .
Let's hope I can make a decision by then!

Namaste.

No comments: