Thursday, September 07, 2006

Godspeed Marine Cpl. Tyler Warndorf

I headed out around noon today to grab a bite to eat. . .Saw a fire engine at the overpass of my entrance to the Highway. I didn't think much about it - they must have been in the final stages of accident clean-up.

I headed onto 75N and I saw another Fire Engine with the American Flag waving on the overpass of my exit. . .And it hit me. Last night, Marine Cpl. Tyler Warndorf came home. I knew this. I said a prayer for his family and a thank-you to him for all he had done. What I didn't know was that his funeral was today.

I had lunch with my sister and started back to work. I knew I was in trouble when I saw all of the fire fighters at attention and saluting. I was in even bigger trouble when I saw 75N was shut down and the police car was coming towards me as I was merging onto 75S. A quick call to my sister was the only thing that kept me from breaking down in tears as the hearse drove by followed by the funeral procession. A procession that was full of motorcycles carrying American Flags. What a wondrous tribute.

I got back to the office and the only mention I could find on cincinnatienquirer.com was in the traffic section: 75N slow due to funeral procession. Interesting.

Tonight, I could not find mention of this local hero. . .Until I linked to the Northern Kentucky news site. http://news.nky.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/ae/20060907/NEWS01/609070357 Very interesting.

My opinion of Cincinnati Enquirer on-line (which is the only way that I stay in-touch with local news) is very low at this point. This was one of the most important things that happened in our Tri-State area today and there wasn't even a one-liner about it.

Godspeed Marine Cpl. Tyler Warndorf. . .And Thank-You to all of our Firefighters who took the time to honor a local hero and remind me that even though I don't support the White House, I do support my soldiers. Time to send some more care packages!

Namaste.

"Freedom isn't free - just ask any Soldier / Marine!" - The footer on my email

No comments: